Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tibby's Tricky Tuesday!

Hello Friends!
Welcome to MY Tricky Tuesday! Today we will be learning another pawsome trick I know!
This one is called...

WHICH HAND?
(Bad cellphone pic of a pic on good camera, long story)

Here's what your owner should do:

1. Remember to get some yummy treats!

2. Have your dog sit.

3. Put one treat in one hand then turn both hands over in fists and put them in front of your dog. He may sniff at your hands but don't open your hand to give him the treat until he puts his paw on the correct hand.

4. If your dog is only smelling you can lift his paw to your hand to show him what to do.

5. Once your dog is "tapping" your hand consistently you can start making the trick a little more of a challenge. Hold the treat up where your dog can see it. Then switch the treat from hand to hand a few times (slowly at first) before closing both and asking your dog "which hand?"

6. Before long your dog will be a pro and will impress all he meets with his skill and intelligence!

Always remember to keep training sessions short and fun for your dog. If he doesn't seem to be getting a trick, don't get frustrated, move on to one he knows well and revisit the new one later.
These are just the steps that worked for me and Owner Girl. If they don't seem to be working for you and your dog, don't worry! There are many resources and professionals that can help you!

Good Luck & Happy Training!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good trick! Anything that gets us treats, right?

Woof!
Sophy

Abby said...

Hi, Tibby...

That's a great trick...They didn't teach me that one at school...

Me & my Mom are gonna try it...

Abby xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Good trick! I'm sure we'll have fun learning that one. Thanks for posting :)

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Ruff! what a great trick! Sorry if I has accidentaly copied your idea. Mum says she must have seen it and subcooshushly absorbed it. But then we has not long found your blog BOL! hm.. I guess we will has to make it a tribute to your geniussness.
~lickies, Ludo

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khan I also snakhk on the hand with the treat?


HaRooooo!

Stay warm as the temps drop!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The Devil Dog said...

Gee, I hope my mom doesn't try that on my. I am not very patient.

Roxy

Pedro said...

Well, my mom says she's gonna try and teach me this trick. I don't really cooperate but she just bought some new Beggin Strips so maybe I will this time...

Pedro

Wei Qian said...

Hello Tibby,

its such a cool trick! thanks for the steps ^^ maybe my mummy could teach me one day :DD

best regards

Anonymous said...

Hi Tibby! I like that one! Good trick!

Your pal,
Joey

Bae Bae said...

That's so clever...

~ Bae

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I love your tricky Tuesdays! That looks like an easy one to teach but one I had not thought about doing.

Levi's mom

i said...

Great trick! Thanks for sharing it here!

Wei Qian said...

Hello Tibby,

i have something for you! (: do check at my blog.

Best regards

Teddy Westlife said...

I might consider learning this if the treats involve ham!

Huffle Mawson

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Tibby I is such a doofus, of course you is a girl. Everyone thinks I is a girl and not a boy. Mum says it cos she had a cat named Tibbsy who was a boy (names after Sgt. Tibbs in 101 dalmatians)
Thanks for letting me use trick t day. It saves me hurting my brain. BOL!
~lickies, Ludo

Simba and Jazzi said...

Why do humans torture us? Why can't they just give us a treat?

Simba x

Lindsay said...

Cool trick, Tibby! And your Owner Girl is so right about her training tricks - always finish on a success! Wrooooooooooo!

Life With Dogs said...

That's impressive. Wish me luck!

Mary said...

So how many treats did ya get? It's all about maximum returns! ;-)

Teddy Bear said...

Oh, Tibby, what a great trick! Thank you Mommy and Daddy for sharing this with us.

Love,
Teddy Bear

CoCo said...

I will have to try that trick out! My Mama is good at new tricks with me....great ways for treats!

Hugs,
CoCo

Dexter said...

Mommy says we have to try this for ourselves. It sounds kind of hard.

Slobbers,
Mango

Hana said...

Ooooo, a new trick! I have a trick book. Must find time to teach my Mom how to do new tricks.