Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tibby's Tricky Thursday!

Hello Friends!
Before we get to my trick I have an urgent matter to discuss! I think that Owner Girl is turning into a dog! She has been making these barking noises and sniffing really loud. Plus she is starting to lose her human voice! I haven't seen her walking around on all fours or going potty outside yet, so I can't be sure! I sure hope she's not cuz then I'd have to share my toys and food with her!

Ok, now for the pawsome trick I know!

BELLY UP(Owner Girl photographic skills have really been lacking. Which only adds to my above theory!)

Here's what your owner should do:

1. As always get some yummy, fantastic, mouth watering treats!

2. Have your dog lay down.

3. If your dog knows how to roll over, have him do that but stop him when he gets to the "belly up" position. Give him a treat and say the command belly up!

4. If your dog doesn't know how to roll over then follow the steps for teaching him roll over but don't have him do a complete roll.

5. Once your dog is going into the belly up position without you keeping him from rolling over all the way or nudging him into the position, you can try giving him the "belly up" command only when he is laying down. It's probably a good idea to continue using helpful hand motions and treats at this point.

6. When your dog is doing "Belly Up" consistently you can phase out hand movements or switch to a simplified hand signal. Eventually you can also phase out the treats. (although there is no guarantee your dog will perform the trick without them!)

7. Remember to keep training sessions short and fun for your dog. If he is having a lot of trouble with something, don't get frustrated. Move on to a trick he knows well and revisit the new one at another time!

8. This is a great position for giving lots of belly rubs! If your dog likes to roll onto his back for belly scratches already you can use those opportunities to teach him this trick! When you are treating him to a nice belly rub, throw in a few "good belly up!"s and he will catch on in no time!

As always, these are just the steps that worked for me and Owner Girl. If they don't seem to be working for you and your dog, don't worry! There are many resources and professionals out there that can help you! Good Luck and happy training!

15 comments:

Par said...

Belly up...
I only manage to get her to do that and stay but not for belly up, I should try...

Anonymous said...

Hi Tibby! Wow, you're just the best at doing tricks! That's such a cute picture. Better snuggle up with your Owner Girl and keep her warm so she doesn't get too sick, okay? Happy New Year!

Your friend,
Joey

AppleDebbie said...

Hello Tibby, Thanks for visiting my blog! I like to sleep with my belly up and I LOVE belly rubs... hmmm, maybe I can trick my mommy into giving me treats for doing something that I already like to do! hee hee! I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

Your Pal,
Trooper

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi Tibby,

I am so sorry your Mommy is turning into a doggie but think how much fun you guys will have rolling around on the floor with you.

My e-mail address is on my bio but here it is too....redricca@sbcglobal.net

talk to you later....Mona

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Belly's up makes a cute photo, but me's don't like to rollover. It scares me but my moomie keeps trying.
You are one brave dog!

Levi

Lorenza said...

Hi, Tibby!
Sounds like your Owner Girl started the year being sick and that is not fun! I hope she gets better soon!
Nice trick!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Great job!

Well done!

Sorry your owner girl has khaught a khanine wannabe khold!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Thor and Jack said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Tibby!
Your 2009 resolutions are great! Hope your wishes will come true!
Thanks for being my friend too!
Great trick!You look so cute in that photo!

Love
Thor

Lola Smiles said...

Hello Tibby! Thanks for stopping by my blog...! Happy New Year! You've got a great looking blog and I look forward to getting to know you better!

Unknown said...

Tibby
What a gweat new twick

I only do belly up when I sneep, hehehdoes that count?
I hope you and ownew giwl have a vewy Happy Healthy Twickfilled NewYeaw
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Bae Bae said...

Oh you're so cute I want to rub your belly

~ Bae

Mack said...

That is the perfect belly rub position!

the many Bs said...

hi Tibby, that is a pawtastic trick. you are so smart.

we hope your owner doesn't turn into a dog. these are scary symptoms. maybe you should give her some extra licks.

woofs.

Eduardo said...

Hi! My name is Eduardo, I'm a puggle who loves to snuggle! I would like to add you to my snuggle buddies list, I enjoy your blog! Please feel free to visit my blog, and let's be friends!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Tibby
That's a really good trick. You are good at it.
I hope owner girl if feeling better soon.
Happy New Year!
Love Ruby