Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tales from the Litterbox: Episode 8



Beta: Hi everybody, remember me? Beta (The Cat)!
Lynx: And how could they forget your wonderful and fluffy co-host!
Beta: Who?
Lynx: It's me, Lynx of course!
Beta: Oh, you said wonderful, I guess that kinda threw me off. I like to think of you as annoying.
Lynx: C'mon Beta, it's the holidays. Let's just be nice, ok?
Beta: I'll try, but I'm not making any promises!
Lynx: OK! What if Tibby's friends don't remember us, Beta? We haven't invaded Tibby's blog since May!
Beta: Well Lynx, I guess they could click here to see all our other posts.
Lynx: Cool! So what are we doing today?
Beta: Today we are going to share a holiday poem with everyone like Tibby did last year!
Lynx: Neato! Our poem is for Santa Claws:

Beta: Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house...
Lynx: Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse...
Beta: Because I chased, caught and left it right there on the stairs...
Lynx: It was my present to The Owners Servants but they didn't care...
Beta: All the peoples were snuggled nice and warm in their beds...
Lynx: While we meowed and scratched and jumped on their heads...
Beta: We whapped at the ornaments and swatted the lights...
Lynx: We climbed and we jumped as we reached brand new heights...
Beta: We pooped in the basement and jumped on the table...
Lynx: We would have caught a few birds if we were able...
Beta: We climbed in the bathtub and drank faucet drips...
Lynx: We walked on the cars and left cute little mud prints...
Beta: But don't worry Santa Claws, we've been good little cats...
Lynx: We let The Owners Servants feed us and give us some pats...
Beta: We even rubbed and purred for them one time or two...
Lynx: So Santa Claws here's what we're asking from you...
Beta: I'd like some cat nip and a fun scratchy scratcher...
Lynx: While I want a treehouse and some balls to chase after...
Beta: And also some kitty kibble to fill up our tummies...
Lynx: And some cat treats too, we think they're real yummy...
Beta: And bring us some snuggly clean clothes to sleep on...
Lynx: And some feather to whap, oh wait, we're not done...
Beta: Some cans of tuna would make us quiet happy...
Lynx: And lots of sunshine to lay in while napping...
Beta: Santa Claws, there is one more thing we think you should hear...
Lynx: And that is how naughty Tibby's been this year...
Beta: She jumped on our guests and barked at the neighbors...
Lynx: Plus she is gross, she ate toilet papers...
Beta: She chased after us cats and puked in the car...
Lynx: And she acts like a diva, she thinks she's a star...
Beta: She took up more bed space than any dog should...
Lynx: She slobbered on The Owners Servants as much as she could...
Beta: So when you pack up your sleigh please do remember...
Lynx: How good we both were January to December...
Beta: And also how bad that scruffy dog was...
Lynx: You can bring her one toy or bone just because...
Beta: Now Santa Claws please have a safe trip...
Lynx: And whatever you do, don't forget the catnip!

Beta: I think we did a great job don't you Lynx?
Lynx: Oh yes! That is an excellent poem to Santa Claws.
Beta: Probably the best I've ever heard!
Lynx: Me too! But I think we forgot something...
Beta: I know! (whispurs to Lynx)
BOTH: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOODNIGHT! (publishes post)

14 comments:

Prints the Cat said...

A wonderful poem, Beta and Lynx!!! Thanks for sharing it!

:-)

Sally Ann and Andy said...

I think my cousins Bob and Betty would give your poem many purrs.
Sally Ann

Daisy said...

Loved it, Beta and Lynx! And I'll bet Santa will bring you extra presents for making such a good poem.

ps: but I think Tibby deserves good presents, too.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Thats just lovely. Wishing You a very Happy Christmas.. Hugs GJ xx

Sonic said...

And a merry Christmas to you guys too!

Sonic

Dexter said...

You did a great job. I did not know that cats were such gifted poets.

Have a safe and happy holiday.

Slobbers,
Mango

Byron y Xinver said...

Merry Christmas!!

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

hehe! What a pawsome poem!
Merry Crisp mas!
~lickies, Ludo

Bailey said...

Nice poem! Happy Holidays!

Prints the Cat said...

Yappy Howlidays Beta, Lynx, and Tibby!

Its Time to Live said...

great imagination...

SEDONA said...

Tibby & family,
Happy Christmas to you all!
Hope Santy brought you lots of loot 'cuz I know you've been a good pup all year long (right?!).
What good poses with all your cards (and my hooman loved the envelopes your hooman did).
Your pal,
Sedona

Moco said...

Nothing like a good cat poem. We saw our card on your wall.

Teddy Westlife said...

I remember you two! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.