Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tibby's Tricky Tuesday!

Hello and welcome to My Tricky Tuesday!

This week we will be learning how to

SPIN
Spin is when you turn around in a circle. It's kind of a hard one to get a picture of.

Here's what your owner should do:
1. Get some yummy, delicious, fantastic doggy treats!

2. Have your dog stand.

3. With a treat in your hand, move your hand in a circular motion starting on one side of your dog's nose and moving towards his tail.

4. Your dog should follow your hand all the way around in a circle. When he has completed the spin give him the treat.

5. If your dog just turns his head but doesn't move to follow the treat, try moving more slowly or try getting him to follow for a quarter circle or half circle.

6. Once your dog is completing the spin consistently you can begin to phase out the hand motion or transition to a smaller circle at your chest level as a signal for spin.

7. Remember to keep training sessions short and fun! If your dog doesn't seem to be getting the trick you are working on, try one he already knows for a bit and come back to the new trick at another time.


If our tips don't seem to be working for you and your dog, don't worry. There are many professional dog trainers that have way more tips and expertise. These are just the things that worked for us! Good luck with all your doggy training and come back next week to see another awesome trick I know!

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

Since I can't get many treats... tricks are not for me!
Besides, I don't have a good trainer (mom)!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Abby said...

Hi, Tibby...

Thanks for the training tip...I've been going to school at PetsMart & I'm gonna graduate this Sunday...

They didn't teach me the "Spin", though...My Mom says we are gonna try it...

Oh...And, Thanks for signing my GuestBook a few days ago...Stop by again when you can...

Abby xxxooo

MJ's doghouse said...

I think it is great that you can do tricks...my mom is a lousy trainer...seh just ends up giving me treats for being so adorable...anyhow thanks for visiting my blog....i will stop by again soon...