Happy Tuesday everybody!
I hope you're ready to learn because it's time for me to teach you another trick I know.
Here's what your owner should do:
1. Get some delicious doggy treats.
2. Have your dog sit.
3. Hold a treat above your dog's nose just a little and move it upwards and back a tad.
4. If your dog starts to lift her front paws off the ground to get the treat, that's great! Give her the treat and say "beg" while her paws are off the ground. Try to get her to lift them up a little higher each time or have her beg for longer.
5. If your dog stands up or jumps, just be patient, have her sit again and start over.
6. If she is having a really hard time figuring out what you want her to do, try holding up both her paws in the beg position, say "beg" and give her the treat. She should get the idea after a few times.
7. Once your dog is begging consistently without your help, you can start to phase out the treats!
Always remember to keep training sessions short and fun for your dog.
Owner Girl is trying to teach Chip how to beg but she isn't catching on so quick. The Owners think it's because she has great big reindeer legs! Anyways, whenever they are teaching her I like to jump right in and show her how it's done, I'm a begging pro!